Senate Beach Party Media Coverage Across the Nation
On Monday, August 10, 1Sky and our allies held 69 events in 28 states nationwide calling for comprehensive climate legislation in the U.S. Senate. The events were aimed at the first weekday of the summer Senate recess to remind senators and their staff that there is widespread support among active citizens for climate legislation.
The events on Aug. 10 were successful in hitting multiple Senate offices and in generating widespread regional media coverage to highlight support for climate legislation and refuting the idea that only the right wing forces of no progress are active and mobilized this summer.
Current press clippings include:
- Jonesboro Sun: Picture in Print Edition of Aug. 11.
- KTHV (Little Rock): Group Rallies to Gain Support for Clean Energy Bill
- Denver Daily: Group Turns up Heat on Senate
- WMNF (Tampa Radio): Environmentalists Call for More Green Jobs in Florida
- Sarasota Speaks (Blog): Environmental Advocates Argue for Legislation That Will Promote More Green Jobs in Florida
- WLAJ (Lansing): Activists Rally For Clean Jobs Bill
- Reno Gazette Journal: Reno Gathering Rallies for Clean Energy
- KTVN (Reno): Powering Job Creation Through Clean Energy
- Daily Sparks Tribune: Climate Change Debate Heats Up
- Seacoast Online (New Hampshire): 'Beach Party' Rally for a Bill at NH Statehouse
- Albany Times Union: Into the Fray Over Climate Change
- WAMC (Northeast Public Radio): Activists Appeal to NY Senators: Support Strong Climate Legislation
- The Epoch Times: Advocates Want Senators to Further Push Environmental Bills
- West Seattle Blog: West Seattle Cool Moms (and kids) Visit Senate Office