Online Calling Tool Instructions
Thank you so much for joining the "72 Hours for Clean American Power" Senate call-in day! Thousands of supporters like you will be making the call for a clean energy future. Every call you make to your senator represents dozens of people in your district with your very same opinion -- that's a big impact!
Here are a few simple steps to make your call:
- Visit our online call-in page at http://www.1sky.org/72hours_call. Type your name, email, phone number, and address on the call page. Press 'Submit.'
- On the next page, you will see your senators listed.* Click 'Call Now!' below the first senator's name.
- Review the script on the next page. The script is just a guideline, so feel free to use your own words or add comments.
- Click the 'Place Call' button in the red box at the top of the page to begin your call. Your phone will ring and you will hear a short message from 1Sky before being connected to your senator's office.
- When they answer, tell them your name and where you live (so they know you are their constituent). Then read the call script on your screen and say whatever else you would like to tell them. Ask the staffer what the senator's position is on climate legislation.
- After your call, use the drop-down box on the right side of the screen to report your senator's position and and provide us with feedback about your call.
That's it! When you're done, click 'submit response' and you'll be taken back to the first screen to make your next call. Once you've called both of your senators, use our tell-a-friend page and help spread the word to your friends and family about our call-in day.
Can't make the call from March 2-4? Then make your call on Friday or any day next week. It's important that your senators hear from you as soon as possible. Just follow these steps and keep pushing your senators this year.
Thank you for taking the time to make a call for our clean energy future!
If you can’t access our online call center, try our alternate legislative lookup tools at www.1sky.org/lookup and place a call to your senators’ phone numbers in your state.
*Note that if you live in Washington, DC, you will be given every senator's information as there is no specific senator for DC. Please double-check the information you entered if you receive officials for an incorrect state. You must enter your correct address and zip code to receive your senator's contact information.